KHJ Boss 30 - June 28, 1967

Issue #104 - “The Oogum Boogum Song” by Brenton Wood claims the top spot on the Boss 30 this week. It has the distinction of being the song with the lowest peak on the Billboard Hot 100 (No. 34) to hit No. 1 on a KHJ survey.

Technically there is one exception to the above if you like to count re-releases. When “One Tin Soldier” by Coven was re-released in 1973, it hit No. 1 on KHJ and only peaked at No. 79 on the Hot 100.

KHJ Boss 30 No. 104 - Johnny Appleseed
KHJ Boss 30 No. 104 - June 28, 1967

2 comments:

Bruce said...

Hey Ray, a question.

A few months ago I did some online research looking to see if they had any info on this Johnny Appleseed promotion. Namely, who was the actor(?) that played him, and did the voice. (If it wasn't the same person) Do you have any insights on this? Was it someone associated with the station?

The July 3rd 1967 Don Steele aircheck is one of my favorites, so I hear the Johnny Appleseed promotion all the time.

Ray Randolph said...

I don't know who the person was that portrayed Johnny Appleseed. If I find out the answer I'll post it here.